Simplegradebook is designed to keep personal information private.
- Simplegradebook collects and stores student personal information only for the purposes of assessment and evaluation of students by teachers and administrators and for software development.
- The personal information stored in Simplegradebook consists of name, email address, grades, school and classes attended, attendance information, anecdotal notes, assessment and evaluation feedback from teachers, messages between teachers, students and parents, and files containing student work.
- Communications between devices and the Simplegradebook server are kept private using SSL data encryption.
- All Simplegradebook personal information is stored on servers physically located in Canada provided by canadianwebhosting.com. See this page for more information: Hosting in Canada The Canadian Web Hosting organization conforms to a number of privacy standards which regulate its employees. These standards are described here: Privacy at Canadian Web Hosting
- Simplegradebook occasionally stores copies of the on-line database in coded format, and in a password-protected test database, on a computer located at the Newcastle Technologies office in Nanaimo, B.C. This information is kept on a computer which is used infrequently, and connected to the internet only when it is powered up. This information is only used for backup, new software development and debugging.
- Simplegradebook does not sell to or share with third parties personal information of any kind.
- Simplegradebook only shares personal information about students with parents of that student and education professionals connected to the school attended by that student.
- The Simplegradebook developer may occasionally use copies of live data to debug software problems in a test environment in the Newcastle Technologies office, and may occasionally debug software problems directly on the live system. This may involve the Simplegradebook developer viewing personal information. The Simplegradebook developer is a certified teacher in British Columbia and is bound by the privacy laws of British Columbia.
- Simplegradebook does not use student data for advertising purposes
- This policy will not be changed without informing parents and students at least 60 days in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Newcastle Technologies